Author Topic: Please Restore Page Headers on New Web Site  (Read 2771 times)

seedpress

Please Restore Page Headers on New Web Site
« on: June 04, 2010, 05:47:41 pm »
The new Blubrry home page looks more slick, for example, I like the way the "featured podcasts" sort of bounce as you scroll. Unfortunately, the pages for specific podcasts is a step backwards -- in my opinion.

For example, you asked all shows to provide a page header -- which we went to a lot of trouble to do -- so, I'm wondering why the newly launched website has eliminated those headers? In my case, the old page for my show, with the header, looked a lot better than the new one that has no header (banner). Also, the new, larger player seems more appropriate for a video podcast than for an audio-only one, such as mine. I'd rather have my banner and a small player. It just looks better.

At least, please consider restoring headers (banners), and for audio shows a smaller player.
 :'(

knighthawk

• Administrator
Re: Please Restore Page Headers on New Web Site
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2010, 03:51:03 pm »
As we moved towards a more simplistic layout with focus on the media, we decided to remove the banners on the podcast profile page. Now with the player front and center, we felt podcaster's branding can be shown through album art via the player at the top. This eliminated the need for the banners as they now created redundancy and added unnecessary length to the page. We are glad you like the new design and we appreciate the feedback.
-brian