Author Topic: Issues with importing Podpress episodes to PowerPress  (Read 2486 times)

homeservershow

Issues with importing Podpress episodes to PowerPress
« on: March 05, 2010, 12:41:15 am »
I have successfully published two podcasts with PowerPress and I was looking into "Importing" the rest of my episodes.  When I go to Tools/Import the tool states that many of my podcast posts have multiple episodes.  All of my podcast posts have only a single episode but it seems to be stumbling on my past naming convention of my mp3 files.  I used spaces in the name of my files.  I have stopped that practice but would like to know if there is a way or method to change the Podpress posts so the tool will be happy with the import.

Here is a screen grab of what the tool is telling me.

I tried to edit one of the posts to clear it up but it didn't seem to help.  Podpress replace the spaces with "%20" so in the enclosure field i edited out the "%20" and updated the post.  That didn't work.

Otherwise, all these old episodes play just fine with the PowerPress player and I still see downloads of them in stats.

Do I have to go back and rename each .mp3 file and update the post?  Will that cause any other problems?

Thanks for the great plug-in and your time.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Issues with importing Podpress episodes to PowerPress
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 12:53:38 am »
I would think (but not totally sure) that if it plays in the player and downloads fine, you will be ok.

Send me a link to your feed at  mike [at] Rawvoice.com and I will check it out in a couple of podcatchers and see if I have issues with the file names.

For the rest of you that read this.  Spaces are a bad idea in your file names no matter what kind of file it is :)

-Mike

homeservershow

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 10:57:52 pm »
What is the major reason for importing the episodes?

Follow up on original issue.  I renamed an episode, modified the post, click import episodes and it was still seen as a post with two media files attached.

I just want to delete podpress from my blog and db.  That's all.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 08:51:08 am »
Go to PowerPress settings, at the bottom under Advanced Options enable "Podcast Channels". Then go to the PowerPress > Channels page and add a second channel (call it what ever you want). Then go to the PodPress import screen and you should be able to import everything and map the second media file to the second podcast channel you created.

Once you got everything imported, then you can go back and delete the extra media file and the extra podcast channel.

WreckhouseRadio

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2010, 02:35:05 pm »
I've noticed that since changing over to PowerPress from PodPress none of my old episodes have the media enclosures. Do I need to use import PodPress episodes in order for the enclosures to show ?

Thanks

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 04:15:59 am »
Yes, you will need to use the import podpress tool in powerpress to get those to show up.   Podpress uses a different format to enclose the files in the RSS feed then Wordpress or Powerpress does.

Hope that helps!

-Mike