Author Topic: ustream and buddypress  (Read 3345 times)

templejourneys

ustream and buddypress
« on: March 02, 2010, 08:51:15 pm »
Hello...

I'm trying to load a url from ustream but I keep getting a message that the format cannot be detected and thus there is no video. "Unable to detect content type" is the actual message. I've tried a few options for the url too.

I am running buddypress.

Any help or even a suggestion for any way to run ustream on buddypress would be appreciated!

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: ustream and buddypress
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 09:29:05 pm »
Are you using powerpress?

-Mike

templejourneys

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 09:30:46 pm »
Yes, I'm using Blubrry PowerPress Version 1.0.5.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 10:11:41 pm »
Can you reply with the Media URL from ustream you are trying to use in PowerPress so we can test?

templejourneys

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 10:47:46 pm »

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 08:34:17 am »
Gotcha.

These are links to pages with video embedded on them. PowerPress' "Media URL" field wants a specific URL to a media file, where the URL ends with the media's file extension. e.g. http://www.example.com/path/to/media.mp3.

This directly linked media file is what is placed in your podcast feeds created by PowerPress. The feeds are what podcatchers such as iTunes use to know what media file to download and sync to their iPods/iPhones.

To target the widest range of devices, your media needs to be either audio mpeg3 (.mp3) or video H.264 (.mp4 / .m4v).

If you just want your embed from ustream.tv to appear in your blog pages (not as a podcast consumable via your feeds), then just put these links in the middle of your blog posts and WordPress by default should be able to handle them.

templejourneys

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 09:30:23 am »
Hi.

I tried posting those ustream links the way you mentioned before I tried PowerPress and it didn't work. I was hoping PP was the solution to get my ustream shows on Buddypress. I'll keep looking for a solution, nonetheless, PP will definitely come in handy!

Thank you for your time!