Author Topic: Customizing 1 Pixel Out Player  (Read 5584 times)

matt1027

Re: Customizing 1 Pixel Out Player
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2011, 02:11:02 am »
I experimented with the template functions listed here:

http://help.blubrry.com/blubrry-powerpress/customizing-with-your-wordpress-theme/

Which are:

<?php the_powerpress_content(); ?>

and

<?php if( $episode_content = get_the_powerpress_content() ) { ?>
 <fieldset class="episode-box">
 <legend>Podcast Episode</legend>
 <?php echo $episode_content; ?>
 </fieldset>
<?php } ?>

They both worked perfectly on my XAMPP/localhost installation.  And the original, simple background image scheme that I had been using for the past year works perfectly there also, where the player appears in the default position at the end of content.

So I created a new addon domain at my webhost for testing purposes before I made any changes to my actual blog.  I installed the current WordPress and PowerPress and my custom theme.  The media player plays correctly but the background image will not show.

But the surprising thing was, when I added the background style and the image to the default twentyten theme it did work.

So I guess it is an issue with my theme but the strange thing is that my theme worked for at least a year.  And it still works with XAMPP/localhost, although I do have to change the positioning on the background-image when it's on localhost.

So there must be something different about the way that XAMPP processes all of it and the way my web host server processes it.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2011, 03:01:29 pm »
Got your web site link from previous page of this thread, http://godliferadio.com/.

There may be some caching, loading up the page with Firebug to see if the CSS attribute is even set will give some indication of the problem.

Update: Okay I loaded firebug, there is no css class for .powerpress_player. I then looked at your source code and I do see a problem. The style "#about-image-2" is not properly terminated with a closing }. Properly close that set of CSS attributes and all will be better.

You should also see some other styling items missing from your "Listen" pages, there's a good chunk of CSS not being applied due to this syntax error.

I would politely yell at your web developer and recommend to him/her to use a CSS editor (Dreamweaver is highly recommended).  :)

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 03:16:21 pm by angelo »

matt1027

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2011, 07:26:57 pm »
Thank you!!!!!!

That fixed it.  And the Listen page looks like it is supposed to also.  You're a genius!

I am very sorry to bother you with a dumb syntax error.  And my web developer is terribly sorry and embarrassed too.  :)  He will start using Firebug and maybe even get Dreamweaver.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2011, 10:13:24 pm »
No worries. Happens to the best of us, I was just being a smarty pants. I do like the CSS editor in Dreamweaver though, it's hands down best CSS editor available.