Author Topic: Audio Player - Download and New Window links not showing  (Read 1903 times)

ghalt

Audio Player - Download and New Window links not showing
« on: February 13, 2010, 09:49:55 am »
When I use the shortcode with the url argument, the player is showing (and working correctly), but not the download and new window link, even though I've chosen to display them.

What am I missing?

To make matters even stranger, the links ARE showing up on some posts, and not others. 

I originally had the Audio Player plugin installed, and both players were showing up.  I prefer the look and functionality of one of the Powerpress ones, plus the fact that I don't need to create a Download or New Window link separately.  When I deactivated the Audio Player plugin, pages that had both showing up now (correctly) only have the Powerpress one showing, and they DO have the DL and NW links.

But new posts I create, where I add the powerpress shortcode, are only showing the player.

Argh! :)

ghalt

Re: Audio Player - Download and New Window links not showing
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 11:39:17 am »
I figured it out.

When I use the powerpress shortcode with a URL, it does not show the download or new window information.

If I just use the powerpress tag, and put the media file in the PowerPress media box in the Edit Post dashboard, it does show the links.

Hope it helps someone!  :)

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Audio Player - Download and New Window links not showing
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 12:16:14 pm »
That is the correct behavior. If you specify the media url with the PowerPress shortcode then you only get the player. This is because the media file linked is not saved in the database as a podcast,which means there is no extra meta data information for the play in new window to work and there is no file size/duration information to display next to the download link. At that point, all you would have is a download link, which can easily be replicated directly with the editor in WordPress.