Author Topic: want to remove items from itunes  (Read 2901 times)

aarondonley

want to remove items from itunes
« on: February 15, 2010, 01:28:26 pm »
I'm sure this is a dumb question...

My itunes location has only loaded 2 audio pieces from older posts off of my wordpress site.  I want it to only show a new podcast I've posted, which is not showing up on itunes currently.  The older audio pieces are not podcasts, they are just audio files put into posts. 

First of all, how can I make sure only the podcast shows up on itunes?  In my settings I checked the "do not enhance feeds" box.

Secondly, I published the post with the podcast on it in "private" mode because I don't want it up until it's available on itunes.  Does it have to be published publically in order for it to show up on itunes?   I've gone through the ping process and it is still not showing up.

Thanks!

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: want to remove items from itunes
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2010, 09:47:46 pm »
What you need to do is click "enhance all feeds" and then in the itunes tab paste your podcast only feed into the "itunes new feed url" and then click the Ping itunes box and hit save.

YES, you need to post your podcast as a public post.

iTunes takes your feed and puts the episodes into your listing on itunes.  If you make the Private, they will not see any episodes.

Hope this helps.

-Mike

aarondonley

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 12:07:58 am »
I changed the itunes new feel url and put in my podcast only feed (at least the one i think is my podcast only feed) and the two old audio pieces are still showing up.

Here's the feed:

http://burnsidewriters.com/feed/podcast/

I'd like to remove the two non-podcast items from showing up.

Do I need to create a different feed than the one I'm using?

thanks for all your help!

aarondonley

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 01:09:00 am »
I think I have it figured out.  It seems to be when I added teh blubrry plug in it made my other audio pieces in posts turn into podcasts?

Anyway I removed the podcasts from the old posts and pinged itunes.  (still waiting for the update to happen.)

Hope this works!

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 11:47:17 am »
That should do it.  Remember, itunes can take a few days to update.

Let us know how it goes.

-Mike