Author Topic: "More" function & Download without "right click"  (Read 1700 times)

rsdjkayplaya

"More" function & Download without "right click"
« on: May 21, 2010, 12:47:32 pm »
First my apologies if this has already been asked & answered. I tried to do a search but couldn't find anything related. I just downloaded Powerpress and so far I'm impressed but I have two questions. One of the things I like is that you can use the tag [powerpress] to place the player where ever you want in the post.With that being said whenever I try to utilize the <---!more---> feature in wordpress it successfully suppresses the post however the Blubrry player still shows up. Is thaere any way around that? For certain purposes I want the viewer to have to hit the Read More link to be able to listen to the media file.

A second think is the download link. Is there any way I can alter the functionality to allow the download to immediately start once the viewer hits the download link? Now they must right click the download button and hit save link as in order to download the file. If they hit the download link without right clicking it it only opens the player in a separate window/tab..

You're input is definitely appreciated!! I'm new to this plug in and wordpress in general so thank you for your time!

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: "More" function & Download without "right click"
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 11:39:34 am »
I'm not sure, but I think if you set powerpress to be at the end of the post instead of using the [powerpress] tag, it "should" only show when the user clicks more.

That being said, It does depend on hour your theme handles such things.  Your mileage may very. 

As for the 1 click download.  That is dependent on the users browser settings.  In some cases when you click an MP3 link, it will open quicktime or Windows Media player. All the plugin is doing is giving a raw link to the media file.  How it gets handled is up to the user's setup.

Hope that helps some.

-Mike

rsdjkayplaya

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 12:27:22 pm »
Thanks for the input. I tried what you suggested with moving the [powerpress] tag however the same issue remained. Also for my browser setting I'm using a PC with Firefox as well as a macbook with safari and I get the same issue in both browsers. Is there a way to alter the download link in the player? In other instances when I download media it automatically begins and plays through my iTunes (on both my PC & MAC).

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 04:20:15 pm »
When you switch to using the [powerpress] shortcode, you need to tell PowerPress to stop placing the player above/below your posts. Once you set that you should have the effect you're looking for.

rsdjkayplaya

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 09:15:18 am »
When you switch to using the [powerpress] shortcode, you need to tell PowerPress to stop placing the player above/below your posts. Once you set that you should have the effect you're looking for.

Yep that did the job! Thanks for the help on that! New it would probably be something I was just overlooking.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 05:59:15 pm »
We are aware that the plugin can be complicated when you want to customize it. We hope to address problems like these in the next major release.