Author Topic: [Bug / Feature] Player visible after <!--more-->  (Read 3119 times)

-Spooky-

[Bug / Feature] Player visible after <!--more-->
« on: January 05, 2010, 11:10:11 am »
Hello!

I got a problem with the plugin on WP 2.9.1 / Theme SevenFive (
Demo Website
) after set a <!--more--> in the text. The player is shown on the mainpage while the player is set below post.

Any ideas? :)

-Spooky-

Re: [Bug / Feature] Player visible after <!--more-->
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 06:14:31 am »
Find the problem

theme / home.php

Code: [Select]
<?php the_content(); ?>
to

<?php the_excerpt(); ?>

/close

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 01:46:06 pm »
I am glad you figured this out. The <!--more--> is a very old feature in WordPress, I'm not sure exactly if it works well with most themes and plugins these days.

The other fix would be to place your player above your blog posts or use the PowerPress quicktag and place the quicktag above the <!--more--> tag.

Example:
Blog post content ...
[powerpress]
<!--more-->
More blog post content...

-Spooky-

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 05:28:54 pm »
My problem was the player bottom insight the mainpage with the content. The player should "only" insight, after the more. Anyway, i´ll try some options.

Rocketdocket

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 01:15:56 pm »
Since WP 2.9.1 the player is invisible on two of my sites. When I try changing the player within settings, even the preview only shows a small white square box. I've tried multiple players in settings and none show on my sites nor in preview mode.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 11:24:08 pm »
Spooky,

The behavior you're looking for will be tough to accomlish with the above/below posts option in PowerPress. you should be able to do this though by placing the [powerpress] shortcode below the <!--more--> tag though. Let me know if that works for you or not.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 11:26:17 pm »
Rocketdocket,

I believe I'm assisting you with the player problem in another thread in this forum. For what ever reason the flash files are not accessible from your web server. The flash players may have been deleted, the file permissions may have been changed or there is some other plugin that is not allowing access to the flash player files.