Author Topic: Exact Syntax for PowerPress for WordPress Wanted  (Read 3626 times)

CrabbieMasters

Exact Syntax for PowerPress for WordPress Wanted
« on: December 21, 2009, 03:28:37 pm »
I have set this as my 'Default Media URL'  --  http://beckyundlin.powweb.com/crabbie/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/audio/

In a new post I then put the specific file I want to play which is in the folder above  --  [powerpress = IceCold091217]

I get nothing.

Interestingly, in a prior post in which I could get the powerpress player to show up with the same syntax as the above inserted into a prior post where I had already played audio from the full URL (but with a kickout instead of staying in the post) it sort of worked...but it (powerpress) plays the wrong file  --  IceCold091217mrf2  ....and now, even after editing the old post - I can't even get rid of the powerpress player or the file it links to...I must be doing something weird, or am I somehow 'permanently linked' per the words below the player referencing the option to "Podcast: Play in new window  | Download"  ..  advice obviously needed...thx

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Exact Syntax for PowerPress for WordPress Wanted
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 08:40:23 am »
Michael,

It could be that you need to put the .mp3 on the end of that code.  See my email response for more info.

-Mike

CrabbieMasters

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 10:42:15 am »
Thanks Michael!  It's working!!!

In case anyone finds it helpful here's the key points from Michael's email that helped me do this right:

1) First off, the file linked in your post using the download link is corrupt.  For some reason, when I downloaded it, it would not play in any of the mp3 players i have.  So that's problem #1.
----I reloaded the files

2) Do you want the player to show up?  or not.
----Yes

3) If you do, the better way to do it is to upload your file and in the new post form that you use in wordpress, look for the "Podcast episode" block towards the bottom of the page.  Just paste your file name of your mp3 in there.  Then set the player controls (weather or not you want the player and where you want it to show up) in the Powerpress control panel under "appearance". That way you don't have to paste in the short code [powerpres = filename.mp3]
----working perfectly!!!!

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 10:43:59 am »
Glad to hear it! 

Have a great day!

-Mike