Author Topic: Plug in conflict with wordpress blog  (Read 3134 times)

douglaseye

Plug in conflict with wordpress blog
« on: November 27, 2009, 08:22:08 pm »
I was working installing a new download of the Powerpress podcast plug-in for my Wordpress blog at my own domain and when I logged out and try to logback in I get this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: wp_add_dashboard_widget() in /home/content/d/o/u/douglaseye/html/wp-content/plugins/powerpress/powerpressadmin-dashboard.php on line 123

How do I undo this? Can't get into my blog. Thanks
Douglas

douglaseye

Re: Plug in conflict with wordpress blog
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2009, 08:39:55 pm »
 :-* Never mind. I deleted the plug in. It must conflict with that particular version of the theme I was using.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2009, 11:15:03 am »
If your WordPress does not have the wp_add_dashboard_widget() function, that is an indication that your version of WordPress is older than 2.6. You need to have WordPress 2.6 or greater to use the PowerPress plugin.

pacarchive

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 12:25:02 pm »
If your WordPress does not have the wp_add_dashboard_widget() function, that is an indication that your version of WordPress is older than 2.6. You need to have WordPress 2.6 or greater to use the PowerPress plugin.

Hi all. I'm glad I found this forum. I'm having the exact same problem, however - I'm running Wordpress 2.6.5, so I think that blows the current theory.... ?

The only other plug-in I'm running is Akismet 2.2.1

The blog is here: http://www.fromthevaultradio.org

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 08:41:12 pm »
I miss-quoted, you need WordPress 2.7+ to utilize the dashboard widget feature in Blubrry PowerPress.

To disable the Dashboard widget, go to PowerPress settings > "Service & Statistics" tab, make sure the option labeled "Dashboard Integration" is not checked.

I would highly recommend upgrading your installation of WordPress, there are many security vulnerabilities that have been fixed since 2.6.5 was released.

The future version of PowerPress 2.0 will require WordPress 2.7 or newer.