Author Topic: Add youtube media  (Read 5112 times)

fabb5

Add youtube media
« on: November 24, 2009, 09:59:30 am »
Hello everybody,

I have a problem with powerpress (on wordpress).

I don't understand how I can add a media embed on post with powerpress and I don't found documentation.  I added the embed code of youtube on the "Media Embed" field. But what I put on "Media URL" field ? The link of youtube don't work.

Thank you for your help,
Fab

robblatt

• Community Advocate
Re: Add youtube media
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 11:27:08 am »
Under basic settings, you want to select the custom option for your podcast entry box. Then you'll see a place when you post new episodes to include the YouTube code.

fabb5

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2009, 08:44:59 am »
Thank you for your answer.

I found the custom settings "Embed Field (Enter embed code from sites such as YouTube, Viddler and Blip.tv)" but after where are the options for configure and use the embed field ?

Because when I add a youtube embed code in Podcast Episode, it's impossible to add youtube embed information.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 11:35:09 am »
Once you have the embed field enabled in the settings, all you do is copy/paste the embed code from YouTube (it will look like a bunch of HTML) and paste it into the embed code found in the podcast episode box. The podcast episode box should appear within your edit post page. Here's a screen shot:

The embed code is used in place of the PowerPress player. So if you posted an mp3 episode you would see an mp3 flash player. If you posted video, you would see a generated embed for that media file. If you add your own embed in the "Media Embed" field above, instead of the default embed for that video file, the embed from your favorite video sharing site will be used instead. Is this clear now?

Users cannot subscribe to embeds, you still need to upload your original video file (wmv or m4v) to a web server and then place the URL to this media file in the Media URL box above.

Sum it all up: Embeds appear on your web site's web pages for in-page playback. Media URL's are used in your download links and in your feeds for users to download and sync to their media player such as an iPod or iPhone. PowerPress creates an embed from your Media URL by default, but if you enter your own custom embed in the "Media Embed" box, then it will use that instead.

fabb5

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 03:11:06 am »
Yes I do that, but it doesn't work. I add the media code embed of youtube on the "media embed" field. And after nothing is created on personnalised field (PodPressMedia).

I must add a "media URL" ?

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 09:18:31 am »
Yes, the Media URL is required. If you don't have a URL to a media file, then you will not have any media to link to in your podcast feed. This is the difference between "media on a web page" and "subscribe-able media" (podcast).

If all you want to do is put YouTube video in the middle of your blog post, you can use a plugin such as the Viper's Video Quicktags plugin. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/vipers-video-quicktags/. You can also copy/paste your video embeds into your post in the HTML mode when editing your blog posts rather than use a plugin.

fabb5

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2009, 10:17:37 am »
I wan't to add video of youtube and video of my server. With that I what to display on a page and create a RSS feed with all videos.

I like powerpress because I can :
 - create article listed on a podcast page (with player)
 - create podcast feed for surfer and iTunes

I thought it was possible with video... It's ok with server video but not with youtube video...

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2009, 10:45:46 am »
PowerPress automatically generates the appropriate video embed based on the video you upload, so as long as it is a standard format. What is the video format that you are trying to use that is not working?

fabb5

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2009, 11:46:47 am »
Sorry, I'm not very good with english... It's Youtube.

When I add a youtube embed. I must add a server video link to succeed. But after, it's impossible to view only the youtube embed on my listing page...

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2009, 12:29:44 pm »
Oh, I understand now.

First, you need to add the option to disable the player. Go to PowerPress Settings > Basic Settings and under the list of options for the Episode Entry Box, enable the option to disable player. Then when you create an episode, you can disable the default PowerPress player when you enter a custom embed in the Embed box.

Keep an eye out for the a future version of PowerPress with a new option for the embed box to tell it to replace the default player when embed value is specified.

fabb5

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 04:45:42 am »
Perfect ! Thank you for your your help fast!