Author Topic: Plugin for embedding H.264?  (Read 6367 times)

stanw

Plugin for embedding H.264?
« on: November 04, 2009, 07:07:43 pm »
1.) Which blubrry plugin will allow me to upload an H.264 video and embed it on my Wordpress site through the Flash player?

2.) Does it include any advertising or links back to blubrry?

Thanks.

mgdell

• Blubrry Customer Support Coordinator
  • Administrator
Re: Plugin for embedding H.264?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 09:26:40 am »
We only have 1 blubrry powerpress plugin. 

As for formats you can use,  any of these will work with the plugin: mp3, m4a, ogg, wma, ra, mp4a, m4v, mp4v, mpg, asf, avi, wmv, flv, swf, mov, divx, 3gp, midi, wav, aa, pdf, torrent, m4b, m4r.

I believe h264 is at lease one of these formats.

Give it a try.  www.blubrry.com/powerpress

stanw

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 04:38:34 pm »
I am new to WordPress so my apologies if this should be obvious.

I have the plugin installed and selected the advanced option because I want to embed a h.264 video through this player (it is a Flash player, right?)

I customized the size of the video player and its appearance. I upload a video to my hosting account.

1.) What is the next step? I made a new post and embedded the link though it is not working. What am I missing? Where do I access the plugin options for each new post I make?

Thanks!!!

mgdell

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 09:15:24 am »
No problem on being new to Wordpress.

In your wordpress post, down towards the bottom, there will be a field for "podcast episode"

In that box, you want to put the path to your file.  (http://www.example.com/example.mp4) or whatever the file name is. 

Then update or publish post as normal. 

The player should appear in the post after that.

Of course, you will want to test it out.. 

send me the URL to your site so I can check it out when you get it done.   mike [at] rawvoice dot com

Thanks for using Blubrry!

stanw

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2009, 10:58:30 pm »
1). How can I remove the link that displays beneath it that says Podcast" Play in new window?

2.) I changed my h.264 .mov file to have an extension of .flv and the player shows up, though the video does not seem to play until it fully loads. When I embed the h.264 through the Quicktime player, it does not require that the entire video loads before it starts.

3.) Is there a way to have it onLoad display a frame from the video rather than showing just a black screen with the play button on it?

Thanks!

mgdell

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2009, 10:14:04 am »
The way quicktime works, it has to download the whole thing before it plays. 

I'm not sure about displaying a frame instead of the play button. I will check around on that one and get back to you.

As for the play in new window link.  In your powerpress settings in wordpress, there is a tab that says "appearance".  In there, you will find a "Display meda player" option. Set that to "on page only" and that should get rid of that link.

Hope this helps!

-Mike
Blubrry Support

stanw

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2009, 04:31:01 pm »
Thanks for your help. Please let me know what you find out. I am able to embed just as a .mov and it starts playing without requiring it to fully download and shows the first frame before the user presses play.

Thanks again.