Author Topic: Do you host your podcast separate from your website?  (Read 4240 times)

christian

Do you host your podcast separate from your website?
« on: November 04, 2010, 02:02:11 pm »
I have a pro/con question: Should you setup and host your podcast on a dedicated blog or just assign it a category on your current wordpress site?

Other than the obvious of having to manage two separate blogs, is there any benefit to hosting it separetly?

I publish thirtymag.com and was advised to host the podcast at podcast.thirtymag.com for better seo/meta data results. I'd love to merge the two into one site.

Thanks!
Christian

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: Do you host your podcast separate from your website?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 03:25:31 pm »
If you are using our PowerPress plugin, you don't even need to use category podcasting to separate your podcast from your blog.

Here's an example of a blog with podcasting www.geeknewscentral.com. About 10% of the blog posts have media, with the podcast only feed added by PowerPress for podcast only readers like iTunes, the site is a good example how blogging and podcasting work well together.

Personally, I think you will get more SEO combining your podcast episodes with your blog posts. Existing blog readers will stumble upon your audio or video and you don't have to worry about duplicate data appearing on two different unique URLs, which actually has negative impact on SEO.