Author Topic: A question about podpress player/hybrid theme  (Read 3643 times)

crossdrivenradio

A question about podpress player/hybrid theme
« on: October 22, 2009, 01:07:13 pm »
I have a question and was referred by the theme developer (Justin Tadlock) to raise the question with the plugin developer.  I am using the Structure child theme for Hybrid and powerpress for my podcast, and I am very happy with both.  Upon switching to this theme, I noticed that pictures and text display in the "preview window" which links to the full post, but the powerpress player does not.

On my podcast posts, the powerpress player does not display in this "preview window".  You can see what I mean on this page - http://www.crossdrivenradio.com/page/2/
In a perfect world, I would like to see the player in the "preview window" so that a listener would not have to go to the full post to get a play option.

Does anyone know if / how this could be achieved?

Thanks!

Charley
www.crossdrivenradio.com

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
Re: A question about podpress player/hybrid theme
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 03:34:42 pm »
We have two options you can try to fix the problem. Both should work for the Hybrid based themes. Either of these options may also works for other themes that have the same problem.

First, try the option in PowerPress Settings page > Appearance tab go to the setting labeled "Having Theme Issues?". Select "Yes, please try to fix". Then Click 'Save Changes'.

If this option fails, try installing and enabling the "Fix Disappearing Content in Themes" from WordPress: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/hybrid-bugfix/

crossdrivenradio

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 09:21:56 pm »
Hey Angelo,
I tried both options and neither worked.  It did yell at me when I installed the plugin as I have upgraded to 2.8.5.  Don't know if that makes a difference or not.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2009, 11:42:23 am »
I took a closer look at that theme, the preview boxes limit the amount of information displayed, which is cutting out any code that PowerPress adds. The only other option you have is to add the following code within the theme where you want the player and links added by PowerPress to be inserted. Here's the code you would add to your theme.

Code: [Select]
<?php if( function_exists(&#39;the_powerpress_content&#39;) ) the_powerpress_content(); ?>

I can't confirm this will work because I do not have the theme installed, but I believe the following steps will work.

Edit home.php in the structure theme. Where you see the following...

<div class="entry-summary">
<?php the_excerpt(); ?>
</div>

Add the line I mentioned:

<div class="entry-summary">
<?php if( function_exists(&#39;the_powerpress_content&#39;) ) the_powerpress_content(); ?>
<?php the_excerpt(); ?>
</div>

Once you do this, go into PowerPress Settings under the Appearance Tab and uncheck the option to include the player in excerpts.

You will still need either the plugin or the try to fix setting enabled as first mentioned as well as these steps to get the player to appear in your home pages.

One other thing you can try
One last shot in the dark, you could try setting the priority level PowerPress uses to something very high. To do this, you need to be able to edit your wp-config.php file in the root folder of your blog. Add the following line near the top. The line must be added before the require() line near the bottom of the file or else it will not work.

define('POWERPRESS_CONTENT_ACTION_PRIORITY', 1000 );