Author Topic: Operation timed out & Powerpress plugin  (Read 3572 times)

purerockradio

Operation timed out & Powerpress plugin
« on: October 18, 2009, 02:00:33 am »
I cannot for the life of me, post a show at all using the www.blubrry.com/adpodcast.php page.

I just started and just started using the Powerpress plugin for Wordpress, so I wanted to use the Stats that come with the plugin and a Blubrry account (which I have already sighned up for and confirmed...in addition to the forum profile), but I cannot add my first show here at the Blubrry site because I keep getting the following error in Firefox and IE:

Operation timed out with 52080 out of -1 bytes received (28)

Also, when I add my credentials to the Powerpress plugin in Wordpress for my account at Blubrry on the "Services & Statistics" tab of settings on the plugin, it gives me an error message "Authentication failed". I tried every different possible username and password and email address and password I can, and still the same error. I have tried over and over and over to "Add A Show" here at the Blubrry site too and I always get the "operation Timed Out" error above.

Any ideas how I add my podcast to Blubrry and how I get the stats to work in the Powerpress plugin in Wordpress? The whole reason I even added the Powerpress plugin was for the stats, so I'd love to get them working and be able to add the podcast here at the site too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DrGrant

Re: Operation timed out & Powerpress plugin
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:16:14 pm »
Just wanted to add that you're not alone.  I too am getting the Operation timed out with 0 out of -1 bytes received (28) error when I try to add my podcast.

purerockradio

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 11:42:07 pm »
I am ready to give up and move on to another system. I was considering gewtting the premium or paid stats, but I want to try out the system first, and so far I have had nothing but poor results and no replies. I asked this question already, but I think I was on the workg forum, but this forum title would assume that its a direct line to the Blubrry makers, and so far, nothing, I have to wonder if its the same for everyone and the system is broken, and not supported anymore, or I'm hoping there is a fix, because I like that it is built into wordpress as a plugin, and podpress was terrible, so I guess, if blubrry is broken, its time to move on to the next stats system, there are a bunch of others that offer free trials or free minimum stats to try before you buy too, and its a good thing, cause it would have sucked if I paid for the upgrade and cannot even add a podcast/show.

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone...ANYONE ELSE having the same issues or know how to fix this???

???

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2009, 11:41:09 am »
Please go to the Tools page of Blubrry PowerPress and click the last option titled 'Diagnostics'.  If there are no errors or warnings printed, please put my E-mail address at the bottom and submit the diagnostics to me to review. My E-mail address is cio [at] rawvoice.com (replace the [at] with @).

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 11:54:34 am »
By the way, operation time outs typically indicate either that your web hosting has a firewall or setting that is causing your blog to not be able to connect to remote hosts. It may also be an error at our end. Either way, the Diagnostic results will help me investigate the problem.

DrGrant

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 03:22:31 pm »
Angelo-

I'm getting the Operation Timed Out error on this page:

http://www.blubrry.com/addpodcast.php

When trying to add my podcast to the BluBrry system.  That's what I meant in my post above.  Could a firewall on my host's end be preventing that?

purerockradio

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 06:21:58 pm »
I sent the diagnostic to the address provided from info(at)purerockradio.net, but I am getting ALL checkmarks and successes. Also, when I submit the show or podcast, I am doing it from home, and going directly to the page after sign-in, but everytime I try to submit I get the timeout error message. I don't have timeout issues submitting things to any other sites at all, this is the first time. If there is a particular non-common port that needs to be opened, which one is used?

My Wordpress and therefor Powerpress installation is on a server that I have full access to, and all the diagnotics are coming back successes, so I am not sure why, when I click on "Click here to configure services" and enter in my Blubrry credentials, my username being my email address (I have also tried my real name, since it shows when logged in at the top of the Blubrry site), since there isn't an option to create a username, when setting up a Blubrry account, with the exception of the forums, which require a seperate signup, and the password I chose, I get "Authentication Failed" on the Blubrry plugin in Wordpress. So, I am having 2 separate issues related to the Powerpress plugin and Blubrry site itself. I cannot configure Blubrry sevices in the plugin and I cannot add my first show/podcast at the Blubrry site, without getting the timeout.

Anyway, my email is off, maybe there will be further answers after you receive it. Thanks.

angelo

• CIO, RawVoice
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2009, 05:23:11 pm »
I think the confusion here is with your blubrry user name. Your blubrry user name is an Email address. Your Blubrry password is unique to blubrry.com. You may have signed in with a Google or some other account, which is fine, but these accounts are not able to be used to sign in from other blogs such as yours, which is why you must have a unique blubrry password.

Please email me for help on this matter. cio [at] rawvoice.com.

purerockradio

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2009, 06:44:04 pm »
No, I first signed in with google/gmail, as it was an option (but I still used the email address as the username), then I tried from scratch with a whole new email address and signup and I tried THAT email address and blubrry password and I still keep getting the error.